I was tagged be Noly, she always have so many fun things going around on her blog, so if you haven’t already you should definitely check it out.
Let’s get to it!
1. SERIES OR STANDALONE
I tend to prefer series. I feel like I connect much better with the characters, when it’s a series.
2. MAGIC EARNED OR MAGIC BORN
I think I’ll have to go with magic born. It’s way more interesting to learn about, and it seems more realistic, which is ironic for books about magic. But yeah, so far I haven’t read any really good books where magic was earned.
3. ENEMIES-TO-LOVERS OR FRIENDS-TO-LOVERS
That’s definitely friends-to-lovers! The few enemies-to-lovers I’ve read, seemed too forced.
4. HILARIOUS BANTER OR EMOTIONAL RUIN
Is that even a real question? Hilarious banter any day.
5. LOVE TRIANGLE OR INSTA LOVE
Euhm… neither! But if forced to choose, I’d go with insta love. If I never read another book with love triangles in it, it’s still too soon!
6. KEYBOARD-SMASH FANTASY NAMES OR ALL NAMES START WITH SAME LETTER
I don’t think I’ve ever read a book where all the names start with the same letter, at least I can’t think of one right now. But I guess I’ll go with keyboard-smash fantasy names.
7. MEAN PARENTS OR DEAD PARENTS
What kind of question is this? Would the parents be mean just to be mean, or would there be a point to it? If there’s a point to it, I guess I’d hope it would be interesting enough to be justified. On the other hand I’ve just about had it with orphan sob stories… so I really don’t know.
8. SUPERMODEL LOOKS OR CONSTANTLY SAYS HOW “PLAIN” THEY ARE
I’ll have to copy part of Sara’s answer and say:
“We all know that the “plain” characters are actually secret supermodels anyway, so I’m going to go with supermodel looks.
9. FACE ON COVER VS TYPOGRAPHY ON COVER
10. VILLAIN TURNING A LITTLE GOOD OR HERO TURNING A LITTLE BAD
If a villain turns a little good, isn’t that making them an anti-hero instead of villain then? I think that’s the one I’ll go with. Because when heroes turn bad, it usually seems either forced or like a temper tantrum to me. Which just makes me lose interest and respect for that character.
11. BEST FRIEND DIES OR LOVE INTEREST DIES
Who even came up with this question? I neither can, nor will answer this. That’s just cruel.
12. AWESOME WRITING WITH A DULL PLOT OR AMAZING PLOT WITH MURDEROUSLY BAD WRITING
With “awesome writing with a dull plot” I would at least still be somewhat enticed. But with an amazing plot but poor writing, oh dear… RIP o’ joy of reading.
13. CLIFFHANGER ENDING OR HEARTBREAKING ENDING
Cliffhanger ending – as long as there’s actually a next book in line. Heartbreak ending is too sad for me!
14. BREAKING THE SPINE OR DOG-EARING THE PAGES
Again, who even came up with this?
15. “BAD BOY” TROPE OR “PERFECT GOLDEN BOY” TROPE AS THE LOVE INTEREST
Bad boy trope all the way! Life is too short to be wasted on the golden boy, who’s always too boring and bland.
That’s a wrap!
Well let’s see… who should be my
victims nominees for these tough as nail questions?