Thank you Siobhan for tagging me in the 20 Questions Tag. I’ve seen this float around and did hope that someone would tag me, so thank you ❤ If you haven’t already, you should check out her blog Novelties.
1. How many books is too many in a series?
Well, I don’t really know.. the longest series I’ve come across is Bella Forrest’s A Shade Of Vampire. So far the total is 62 books. That does sound extreme, doesn’t it? Even though, it is one long series, every plot and hero + heroine “only” gets like 8 books, before a new one starts. However, they’re all linked and we do see some of the same characters over and over. Normally, I’d think that’s way too many. But it works since there’s so many different stories and characters in play.
2. How do you feel about cliffhangers?
I’m going to echo Siobhan’s answer here. If they’re handled correctly, they can be quite awesome. But I agree that too many authors depend on them, so their readers will read the next book.
3. Hardback or Paperback?
I’ll say both. I don’t prefer one over the other.
4. Favorite book?
5. Least Favorite book?
This is the most recent one to make that list, that FMC… yikes!
6. Love Triangles, yes or no?
No! I hate that trope. If I never read another book with love triangles, it will still be too soon. That’s also one of the reasons I love Reverse Harem so much. No pointless love triangles, which means more time for the plot. #WhyChoose
7. The most recent book you couldn’t finish?
I started reading Daughter of Persephone a week or so ago, but had to put it aside for other things. I haven’t actually given up on it yet, but we’ll see.
8. A book you’re currently reading?
9. The last book you recommended to someone?
To a few people that wanted to try Paranormal Reverse Harem, I’ve recommended these:
10. The oldest book you’ve read?
I’ve read both the bible and the Iliad. Now I might be wrong, but I don’t think there’s many books older than those.
11. Newest book you’ve read?
All the ARC & beta reads I do. It doesn’t really get “newer” than reading the books before they’re released.
12. Favorite Author?
- Rick Riordan
- Kristy Cunning/C.M Owens
- Madeline Miller
- Bella Forrest
- L.J. Swallow
- Joely Sue Burkhart
- Eva Chase.
13. Buying books or borrowing books?
Both! I usually take more chances through K.U. And if I like the book, I usually end up buying it. However, I’m also a sucker for second hand shops and library book sales.
14. A book you dislike that everyone seems to love?
I can’t think of any….
15. Bookmarks or dog ears?
Please don’t think ill of me, but I have been known to dog ear my own books.
16. A book you can always re-read?
There’s quite a few:
- Their Vampire Queen by Joely Sue Burkhart
- The Dark Side by Kristy Cunning
- The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
- Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan
- Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordan
17. Can you read while listening to music?
Absolutely, for me its even preferred.
18. One POV or multiple POVs? (POV = point of view)
Multiple! Always multiple. It makes it more interesting.
19. Do you read a book in one sitting or over multiple days?
Most of the time, I read within one day. But it depends on how much adulting I need to do, and how good the book is.
20. A book you’ve read because of the cover?