I was nominated for THE SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD by the lovely Sara. She’s one of the friendliest bloggers I’ve been lucky enough to meet, and she’s always ready to chat and to help out, whether you’re having problems with WordPress or just looking for recommendations. So, if you haven’t already, you should definitely hop over to her blog ❤
If you want to, you can see take 1 of this award here.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you by linking their blog.
- Answer the questions
- Nominate 11 blogs with 11 questions
- List the rules as well as display the Sunshine Award Logo on your post.
11 QUESTIONS FROM SARA:
1. What’s the best book you’ve read so far this year?
Ugh, I always hate this question because I’m so bad at choosing just one book. There’s so many great ones, that are on my favourite list, but none of them are “the one“. The best one I’ve ever read is THE SONG OF ACHILLES, which I’ve -re-re-re-read this year. Does that count?
If not my favourite series, that I’ve discovered in 2018 are:
2. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
Oh god… so many places! Hawaii, Barbados, Jamaica, Mexico, Colombia, Argentina, Brazil, Peru, US, Egypt, India… And there’s probably plenty of countries I’ve forgotten to mention. So the simple answer is: everywhere!
3. Do you use your local library?
Not really no. Living in a small town means access to a small town library. The book selection isn’t the greatest, and sometimes you have to wait forever for new releases.
4. What’s your favorite breakfast food?
I’m very much in love with American breakfast. Waffles. Pancakes. Eggs. Toast. Bacon. Fresh fruit… bring it on!
5. Do you have any pets? Feel free to share photos if you do. ❤
I am the proud mother of two fur babies ❤
Diaz, our 2 year old cow inspired male cat, who not so secretly- thinks he’s a dog. His favourite activities is hunting flies and plat fetch.
Marley our four year old female. She’s so incredibly small and vicious. She has a serious dislike of trainers as in, she’ll go crazy and attack them if you wear them near her. If they’re just on the floor, she’ll rub against them and purr. I think she’s secretly suffering from shoe-envy!
6. Do you plan out what you’re going to read next or are you a mood reader?
I am a mood reader with capital M! I’ll request books from Netgalley, ARC & BETA read but some days, those books are just not what I’m in the mood for, that’s when I get desperate. I hate when I keep flipping through book after book, without feeling the need to read any of them that usually just makes me feel even worse. Luckily, romance offers so many different genres, so there’s usually always something I want to read. But my organisational skills are so bad, so I try not to organise too many things as I know it’ll just catch me out!
7. Do you prefer to buy books at physical bookstores or online?
I prefer to buy my books in physical bookstores, because I love the shelf browsing. I love seeing and feeling the covers. Way to make myself sound like a right weirdo! Online is good for when I know exactly what I want, bookstores are better when I want to be inspired.
8. I’m always looking for new people to follow, so what are some of your favorite book blogs?
There’s quite a few. But the girl I’ve followed for the longest time, my usual “go-to” when I need recommendations, is Maryse. Another I can’t recommend enough is Ruth. Her blog is filled with great tips on how to run your blog, expand your followers etc. And as an added bonus, there’s also a lot of personal content like, ever wondered what’s inside another woman’s handbag?
9. What’s your favorite tv show right now?
Game of Thrones! I’m one of those people that have started showing withdrawal symptoms, now that it has been almost one year without new episodes being released.
10. What’s your favorite trope?
Hmm… I don’t know what my favourite is, but these two are the one’s I currently enjoy reading about over and over again:
- Friends to lovers.
11. What’s the last book that you recommended to someone?
I think that was Four Psychos (The Dark Side Book 1). I know Reverse Harem is not for everyone, but this series is (IMO) one of the best places to start. The heroine is AHMAZINGLY funny and unlike many RH books, she’s not your typical Mary Sue.
THE END OF SARA’S QUESTIONS!
This time around I’m nominating some of my most recent followers, who I’d love to get to know better:
11 QUESTIONS FROM ME:
- Who would play you, in a film/series about your life?
- What’s your favourite genre?
- Facebook or Twitter?
- Do you organise and plan your blog posts?
- What’s your favourite kind of blog post to write?
- How do you feel about books being adapted into films/series?
- Do you re-read books, or is reading them once enough?
- What book release are you looking forward/did you look forward to the most?
- What do you enjoy the most about blogging?
- If you were to write a book, what would it be about?
- What’s your favourite comfort food?